BRAZIL

BRAZIL

Sunday, November 12, 2017

HI MOM

Oct. 30, 2017

Hi MOM!!!! I forgot that it was halloween! So fun!! This week sure was crazy!! It is a lot diffrent to be here out in the field, but is really good. I am in a area called Gomes de Matos. If you go into google maps you can put in the word MONTESE and that is the neighborhood I live in. 
It is literally right next to the airport. haha I think president wanted to play a joke on me or something. I'ts fine though I can just see planes flying over all the time. My comps. name is Elder Ferreira he is a Brazilian from Minas Gerais more down South. He will be a good comp. for this transfer. I am actually training him. He already has 6 weeks in the mission but the first 12 weeks you get trained. It is actually kind of wierd because Elder Soper my last companion did the first 6 weeks of his training. We were together so long then he went and trained him and now I am. Elder Soper went home. Super wierd we were really good friends here in the mission. He was really one of the kids that made the mission a lot easier we had a lot of good times together. He will be going to BYUI too which will be fun! Our family is going to need to get together with his family some day thay seem like awesome people. 

This week was pretty hard im not going to lie. It was a lot different. I was in the office for so long I almost forgot a little how the field was. I feel like I got to the mission again but now I just know portuguese and a lot of other things I didn't know. The change was just a little hard because we showed up in an area both new. Normally just one Elder Gets transfered at a time so somebody knows the area the members the investigators... but no. We had to walk quite a bit to get orientated. There is no investigators here either so we are starting from scratch. It has been pretty hot too. This time of year is about the hottest. I've been using a lot of sun screen in the hot sun. 

Sounds like fun! Hope everyone has a very Happy halloween!!! 

Sure do love you a lot mom! Sorry I didn't get to write a ton. I didn't send a group email just to you because you are the best! Have a great week. 

Love Ben 

No comments:

Post a Comment