BRAZIL

BRAZIL

Sunday, November 12, 2017

1 Ano Tauape

Oct. 21, 2017

Bom dia todos,

This week was great! So I have also officially been in my area for a year! 
Last Wednesday I did one year in the area and my Comp. Elder Kroon did 
one year in the mission. I got to this area when he left to go to the MTC haha! 
Seems super weird to me how fast this year has gone! It's also going to be transfers 
next week so I am a little nervous but super excited. I could go anywhere in the mission!!

This week I really saw the hand of the Lord in the work many times. He really guides his 
children and cares and watches for them. It always seems like right when you are leaving the area 
you see a ton of things happening and all the miracles. We have been working with some few less active members this week and trying to find families. This week as we were teaching a man that has
really struggled and came to an all time low, asked if I could give him a Priesthood blessing. He is a less active and we found him right when he was needing help. It was a very neat experience. I could feel the love that God has for each one of his children. How much he loved that man that had been struggling so much. It doesn't matter how far out we are or what we have done but God continues to love us. It's not an excuse for sin but he wants us back with him he wants us on his side. God cares and is always there waiting for us to return to him. What an awesome thing right??? The Gospel is awesome! 

Also a funny story for the week... So me and my comp. Elder Kroon have to take all the calls about the medical stuff because Sister Chamberlain is still learning Portuguese. As you can imagine sometimes we get some funny calls. The Brazilians are usually the funny ones that freak out a little more, don't know why but that's just how they are. So Elder Kroon got a call this week with an Elder freakin out. He said... "ahhhh Elder Kroon my stomach is hurting!! really hurting!! Like you know it's that type of feeling you get when your hungry and you can't feel your legs!!"  Elder Kroon just didn't know what to say, he just said "Oh ya I know exactly what your talking about.. let me just talk to Sister Chamberlain and call you back in a minute." haha Just the funny things Brazilians say!! 

Anywho hope all ya are A-OK!!! 

Love you all!!

Elder Orton 

No comments:

Post a Comment