BRAZIL

BRAZIL

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sao Joao

June 24, 2017

Hey yáll!! 

Hope everyone is having a great day there in the good 
old US of A. 

This week was great! Always busy for sure. We had transfers this week! 
I already knew I was staying in the area but this will be one more down here 
in Tauape! This is my 7th transfer in the area! haha crazy! It's also my 7th with 
my comp. Elder Soper! I think we must be breaking records! 

This week is the week of São João here in Brazil. It's really celebrated here in the north east part of Brazil! It's a really cool tradicional holiday! Everyone dresses up like cowboys 
or farmers from the older days and they have fun music and dancing kind of like a 
Brazilian square dancing you could say, and eat alot of corn. We have seen people 
practicing for a couple weeks now out in the street at night but today is the official holiday! 
 
This week we have been working as hard as ever. I always love being here!! 
This week I have been relistening to a couple conference talks from this last 
General Conference we had. One thing I really loved was a quote from Elder Stevenson.
He was talking about the Holy Ghost and why it is so important in our lives. One thing 
he said was "Stay close to the Spirit and it will stay close to you." So simple.
We always need to be living in a way that the Spirit can guide us in our lives. When 
we do what's right and do what we can to stay close the Spirit will stay with us. 
It's a promise. 

Love you all! Have a great week! 

Love Elder Orton 

No comments:

Post a Comment